Wednesday 11 April 2012

The Culprits...

OK, so before i set to posting all the recipes i have come up with that are low in Histamine, i thought it important to post WHAT ARE THE CULPRITS? 


SEA FOOD: 


There doesnt seem to be a consensus as to what fish one can and cant eat but according to my dietician we should stay away from anything that has been out of the sea for more than 20 min... i dont know about you but that pretty much rules out everything for me.


DAIRY:






Once again there seems to be no definitive answer to which dairies we can eat but according to my Dietician i should stay away from anything that is processed so that leaves full cream milk.


VEGETABLES:






Here the list is a little simpler to narrow down.
Spinach, Avocado, Eggplant, TOMATOES (I find this a tricky one to cut out)and anything pickled.


FRUIT:






There are a few more of these than i would like.
All Citrus (this includes fruit juices) Pineapple, 


ALCOHOL: 






OK so i know for a lot of you this one is kinda a toughie but the good news is if you stick to a low histamine diet (which i will try my best to help you do) then your body should be able to handle the odd glass of wine with your meal, good incentive to be careful about your food intake i know :)
The list includes: Wine ( Red in particular )Ciders & Beer.


PROCESSED MEATS:




Sausages, cold meats & Bacon.
(It is also a good idea to avoid pork all together.




OTHER:






Spices and anything with vinegar.


-------------------------------------------------------------


So now that you know what to avoid, we can get cooking!











2 comments:

  1. Very cool that you're starting a blog about this - have never heard of histamine intolerance, so I've just been schooled!

    If I was diagnosed I would be devastated - there goes 60% of my diet! Looking at your pics, I am tempted to attempt one or two of these dishes - when I have developed less fear of my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! So nice to have you visit. Yes i was rather daunted when i found out i had this but thats kinda why i started the blog, so people would realise that its not the end of good food :) You should totally try one of the recipes, they are all super easy, especially the satay chicken, healthy too :)

      Delete